Feeling like the world is going crazy? Like all humanity is lost? I feel like that, too sometimes. That's why I've created a space meant to remind us how much good there is. There is so much good! I promise.
Sunday, February 3, 2013
Ears open! Maya Angelou
"Ears open!" is what I always used to say to my class when we started a new lesson. I've realized that lessons don't only come to us as children, or in a classroom, or in the workplace. They come to us from everywhere and from everyone. They come from our children. They come from silence.
If there is one person who always makes me do "Ears open!" whenever she speaks, it is the great Maya Angelou. And the lesson above is one I try to remember daily, particularly on those days when I hear negativity coming from within. What this quote means to me is that we shouldn't stop believing in ourselves or in something we love to do because we are afraid of not being the best, afraid that someone else will do it louder and better. We should believe in what we have to offer because it is the offering that holds the meaning and value. That book you are writing? It may not be a best-seller. It may not get rave reviews. It may not get any reviews at all. Write it anyway because it is your song.
What does Ms. Angelou's quote mean to you?
Labels:
Maya Angelou,
wise words
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment