Here New Yorkers drown out Terry Jones' message of hate with The Beatles 'All You Need is Love'. I was in Manhattan on 9/11. The city completely came together and we all leaned on one another. Even though it's a city full of transience - people coming and going - that city has heart and soul and will forever mean love and family to me. Maybe it's the circles I keep, but the only hate I saw the days and months after 9/11 came from outsiders. It's safe to say that all of us are against terrorism. But some have not gotten the memo that not all Muslims are terrorists.
Feeling like the world is going crazy? Like all humanity is lost? I feel like that, too sometimes. That's why I've created a space meant to remind us how much good there is. There is so much good! I promise.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Love vs. Bigotry
Here New Yorkers drown out Terry Jones' message of hate with The Beatles 'All You Need is Love'. I was in Manhattan on 9/11. The city completely came together and we all leaned on one another. Even though it's a city full of transience - people coming and going - that city has heart and soul and will forever mean love and family to me. Maybe it's the circles I keep, but the only hate I saw the days and months after 9/11 came from outsiders. It's safe to say that all of us are against terrorism. But some have not gotten the memo that not all Muslims are terrorists.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment