I've been reading this book, Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time by Rick Hanson, on and off for the past year and I have to say I love it. The reason why I say "off and on" is because it's full of these fantastic lessons on life and mindfulness and I've found I like to sit with a couple lessons and incorporate them into my life before moving on. I highly recommend it.
Amazon summary:
You’ve heard the expression, “It’s the little
things that count.” Research has shown that little daily practices can
change the way your brain works, too. This book offers simple
brain-training practices you can do every day to protect against stress,
lift your mood, and find greater emotional resilience. Just One Thing
is a treasure chest of over fifty practices created specifically to
deepen your sense of well-being and unconditional happiness.
Just one practice each day can help you:
Just one practice each day can help you:
- Be good to yourself
- Enjoy life as it is
- Build on your strengths
- Be more effective at home and work
- Make peace with your emotions

No comments:
Post a Comment