Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ears Open! 20 Ways to Postively Change Your Relationships





Anything that can remind me to be mindful of how I take care of myself, who I let into my life, and how to treat others is like beautiful music to me.  It is something I need to hear everyday.

I have been in need of really understanding #2 for some time now. I had a friend who was like a part of my soul for most of my life.  For whatever reason, we've drifted apart in the last 5 years or so and it has been pretty devastating for me.  I've tried to reach out, but come to the conclusion that I just can't change it.   The excerpt below definitely contains some truth for me.  Though I tend to disagree that our friendship was based solely on me having something he needed (because he is just not that person), I do need to come to terms with the fact that our relationship isn't the same, and probably never will be. 

 2.  Let go of those who are already gone. – The sad truth is that there are some people who will only be there for you as long as you have something they need.  When you no longer serve a purpose to them, they will leave.  The good news is, if you tough it out, you’ll eventually weed these people out of your life and be left with some great people you can count on.  We rarely lose friends and lovers, we just gradually figure out who our real ones are.  So when people walk away from you, let them go.   Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.  It doesn’t mean they are bad people; it just means that their part in your story is over.


Here is the entire list.  20 Things to Start Doing in Your Relationships







No comments:

Post a Comment